Friday, April 15, 2011

A tale of two cheeses


Nice to meet you. My name is John. Oh, you're from Philadelphia, are you? I've never been; I hear it's a beautiful town. I also hear it's cheesy.

Dinner last night at Which Wich presented us with brothers from another mother (who apparently grew up in Pennsylvania). Discussing our possible choice of wich on to trip to you-know-where ended up with the goal of trying both of Which Wich's cheesesteaks, the beef and chicken. As you may know, my last wich was the more 'colorful' Hula (ham and pineapple), so I made it my quest to eat a more, umm, manly wich.

My choice, the beef cheesesteak, couldn't be more authentic. Cheez Whiz, onions and peppers. My instant thought was, "Did they just chop these peppers up? I feel like they pulled it off the pepper plant right before we got here!" As melty as the beef and cheese was, the addition of practically new-born peppers sealed the deal--new favorite which.** My girlfriend had the chicken cheesesteak, and it was literally a new idea to me: does this mean you can have any type of cheesesteak? Would that mean you still call it a cheesesteak? I wonder... Lobster cheesesteak...

Okay, eating at Which Wich is a treasure in itself, but there were a couple of surprises that night We overheard they're opening a store in Birkdale (a new location?! WOO), a mere twenty minutes from yours truly's home, which should make the quest to complete much more convenient. Next, I didn't even realized I'm a fifth of the way through the menu (not counting the celebratory Wicked when I finish), so I'm making good headway. But the big shocker that night was Sarah's clean plate!


Good job, darlin'!

**I fear this isn't the last time I'll say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment